tomedo® is a medical software for cash accounting (including all HzV and many other specialist and selective contracts such as PNP, urology, homeopathy, orthopedics, diabetology, cardiology / gastroenterology, Armin, integrated care nursing home, rheumatism), private billing (private liquidation according to GOÄ or GebüH incl. PVS / PAD and Datev interface) and BG-billing (UV GOÄ incl. Dale UV connection) certified.
tomedo® offers many useful features such as dictation function, online appointment booking via practice website, online video consultation, patient self-registration, anamnesis and appointment assignment, that patients can do themself on a computer in a practice, recalls and appointment reminders via SMS, e-mail or letters, waiting room TV with patient call system, workflow automation, work time recording including vacation and duty plan as well as shift planner and time recorder app, task management with e-mail connection, quality management, auto-login via face recognition and much more.
Depending on analyses and work steps that you write into the electronic patient file our practice management system suggests automatically diagnoses and GOÄ / EBM figures (the newspaper 'Ärztezeitung' has recently reported on our KI system). It allows you to spend your time taking care of the patients rather than worrying about stupid billing issues. When you input services and diagnoses you will be also alerted to errors with our live billing error list and you can process them immediately or whenever you have time. It allows to do the KV billing in a few minutes. You can download our quartals updates to your server in a running system with one click within minutes and import them automatically to all workstations.
The KBV license authorizes tomedo® officially as a practice management software for drug prescription according to the AVWG, online billing in health insurance and BG area (incl. Dale UV connection), 1-click KV-Connect / KV-Safenet, e- Doctor's letter, DMP-eDoku, early detection colonoscopy, laboratory data import and form print. The electronic documentation of skin cancer screening (HKS-eDoku) is also successfully used in numerous dermatological practices.
We follow the philosophy of user-driven development, in other words, every customer has the opportunity to give feedback by phone, mail or via our forum and to submit tickets. Tickets are regularly analyzed and prioritized by our product managers and forwarded to one of our 30 programmers. As a result, our practice management system is constantly being improved and becomes even more intuitive day by day, version by version.
tomedo® was developed in cooperation with two large doctor's practices in Jena (Germany) - under the guidance of over 80 doctors and staff - and it is now being successfully used by more than 2,000 doctors.
The mobile app allows practices never stop: in practice or on the way, you can dictate anamnesis or automatically synchronize your finding images with the patient's file. Patient calls, vehicle navigation and using of high-resolution dermatoscopes are also possible directly from the app. Whether at home or during a visit: tomedo® is always ready for use and can easily access live patient data from anywhere via a protected VPN network and modify it in real time.
Via iPad, iPhone or iPod you have an access to the tomedo®-Calendar and your employees can use it to record their working hours, which will be automatically transferred to tomedo®'s time management (including duties and vacation planning). The time recording works through a simple 'push of a button', or automatically via the tomedo® video face recognition.
We have also integrated the Apple Watch. Messages sent via tomedo® are available directly on the watch. You can also view the patients and their to-dos in the daily list. Using of the Apple Watch app and our iPhone apps for practice management and time recording are included in the tomedo® rent.
We are big Apple fans. Work with Apple hardware is enjoyable and free from troubles. tomedo® is the only one we know in Germany praxis software that was originally created for Apple.
Due to the extremely low maintenance and about twice longer lifetime of the hardware, the purchase pays off, although Apple hardware is a bit more expensive than (formally) comparable Windows solutions.
The best evidence is the decision by IBM to use Apple devices throughout the entire company: according to IBM's IT chief Fletcher Previn 'Macs in operation are three times cheaper than Windows PCs'
A well developed repertoire of modules and configurable program components forms the basis for a wide range of possible application's fields. No matter whether a small private doctor's office or a big clinic; psychotherapy, dermatology, ENT, pediatrician or ophthalmologist practice: our tomedo® practice management software can be everywhere optimally adapted to your needs.
We can usually program your wishes that we have not yet fulfilled without additional costs if it would be of interest for other users.
A core feature of tomedo® was created due to its proximity to the everyday practice in our pilot practices: the control of the practice workflow is possible with our intuitive to-do concept: with lightning-quick moving of to-dos you have always an eye on which patient by whom in which room is currently treated. Your staff can follow the possible workflows with self-configurable action chains (complex of anamnesis, diagnoses, medical documentation, regulations, forms and associated EBM / GOÄ numbers), your staff can follow the possible workflows.
Significant working time and money savings are also offered by our electronic organizer (YouTube-Tutorial): You can configure an automatic appointment search in your office hours via simple click-and-drag programming - with the assignment of to-dos for the user next visit. The patient will be reminded of the appointment by text message and/or e-mail. You determine with a tick for each appointment (or even appointment chain) search, whether it should also be bookable directly by patients on your practice website.
In 2011, the couple Dres. Christine and Philipp Zollmann - the owners of the medical centre and a large specialist practice - were looking for an intuitively operated medical practice management software (read more in our FAQ). It was clear after a long and thorough research that it did not exist. That's how the idea came to develop an own medical software.
The creators of this project were quickly found - in their own family: dr. Andreas and Johannes Zollmann, both computer scientists, founded zollsoft GmbH in 2011 on behalf of their parents. The practice management system tomedo® came onto the German market two years later - with a huge success - and by 2017 it had already gained more than 2,000 doctors as customers. It makes tomedo® one of the fastest growing practice programs on the market (approximately 45% growth in 2017), mainly because our doctors recommend tomedo® enthusiastically to their colleagues.
Since we are an owner-managed family business, we think in the long term and therefore attach great importance to equally long term customer relationships. But that will only work if we make our customers happy. With a top product and equally good service. That's what we stand for.
We are very pleased that since the launch, tomedo® has been positive rewieved in the press and doctors' forums. Below are some independent posts that may interest you.
- Ärztezeitung 03/2014
- OTZ 08/2014
- Ärztezeitung 10/2014
- Medical Tribune 2014
- Ärztezeitung 10/2015
- Ärztezeitung 05/2016
- Ärztezeitung 09/2016
- Rettungsdienst 09/2016
- Ärztezeitung 04/2017
- Medical Tribune 04/2017
- OTZ 05/2017
- GRAVIS BIZ 05/2017
- MDR-Fernsehen 11/2017
- Der Dt. Dermatologe 1/2018
- TA 5/2018
- Ärztezeitung 5/2018
- Ärztenachrichtendienst Forum
- Ärztezeitung 12/2018
The peppered tomato juice is not only on the plane, but also at the tomedo® fair stand. Would you like to meet us personally, you can visit us at one of trade fairs in Germany:
- Bundeskongress Chirurgie at 26. – 28.02.16 in NürnbergC 33
- Augenärztliche Akademie Deutschland at 08. – 12.03.16 in Düsseldorf
- conhIT at 19. – 21.04.16 in Berlin
- DOC at 09. – 11.06.16 in Nürnberg
- Angio- und Phlebologietagung at – 10.09.16 in Dresden
- tomedo® Anwendertreffen und Workshop at 23. – 24.09.16 in Jena
- DOG-Kongress at 29.09. – 02.10.16 in Berlin
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology at 28.09. – 02.10.16 in Wien
- MEDICA at 14. – 17.11.16 in Düsseldorf
- Bundeskongress Chirurgie at 10. – 12.03.17 in NürnbergEbene 3, Tokyo / 71
- 30. DOC-Kongress at 11. – 13.05.17 in NürnbergHalle 7a / R2a
- 51. DEGAM-Kongress (Allgemein- und Familienmedizin) at 21. – 23.09.17 in Düsseldorf
- 90. DGN-Kongress at 20. – 23.09.17 in LeipzigC 33
- 51. Fortbildungsveranstaltung für HNO-Ärzte at 26. – 28.10.17 in MannheimLevel 2 / 236 - After Work Symposium in Saal Richter
- Medica at 13. – 16.11.17 in Düsseldorftogether with Heine Optotechnik in Hall 10, Stand E42
- Niederlassungsbörse des BVDD e.V. at 26. – 27.01.18 in Berlinwith tomedo® & HEINE Cube as well as iC1 presentation
- Medizin at 26. – 28.01.18 in Stuttgarttogether with Zeisberg GmbH incl. tomedo® Supportdesk at 26. & 27.1.2018
- Federal Congress Surgery at 23. – 24.02.18 in Nürnberg
- AAD (Ophthalmology Academy Germany) at 13. – 17.03.18 in Düsseldorftomedo® Supportdesk at 14. and 15.3.2018 with medways e.V.
- Gründertag (apoBank) at 25. – 25.04.18 in Jena
- HNO-Congress (89. annual meeting) at 12. – 10.05.18 in Lübeckwith Zeisberg
- BKND annual meeting at 12. – 12.05.18 in Bremen
- DGKJ at 12. – 15.09.18 in Leipzigwith Supportdesk
- 52. DEGAM-Congress (general and family medicine) at 13. – 15.09.18 in Innsbruck
- 2. International Family Doctor's Day at 21. – 22.09.18 in Bonn
- Dermapraxis at 21. – 22.09.18 in Berlin
- DGGG at 31.10. – 03.11.18 in Berlinwith Gravis and Supportdesk
- Medica at 12. – 15.11.18 in Düsseldorfwith medways e.V.
- 20. Meeting of the southeast german dermatologists at 23. – 24.11.18 in Dresden
- Medizin Stuttgart at 25. – 27.01.19 in Stuttgart
- BNC Bundeskongress Chirurgie Nürnberg at 22. – 23.02.19 in Nürnberg
- Hausärztetag Stuttgart at 22. – 23.03.19 in Stuttgart
- Hausärztetag Westfalen-Lippe at 22. – 23.03.19 in Hausärzteverband Westfalen-Lippe